For Luke's 29th year, my 9th, and Henry's 2nd, we all headed to Nebraska for some good, old-fashioned 4th of July fun. This year required a little more effort, being that we had a longer way to travel. It took us 2 buses, a train, a plane, a family minivan pick-up, and a rental car, but we made it!
Here we are, the Lemmers family. This is (by far) not all of us. When it all begins with a family who has 10 children, there are bound to be a lot in subsequent generations... I think this represents 6 out of the 10 children and only about 1/4 of all grandchildren...
Henry watches the choo-choo and the parade that loops around the lake on the morning of the 4th. He was mostly excited by all of the ba-ooooooos that he saw. (Balloons.)
Henry and Daddy take a golf cart ride. GCRs (as we like to call them) are by far my favorite part of going to the lake. I admit that I enjoy the quiet 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of the rides, amidst the 40 or so people who hang out at the cabin. Henry also enjoys them! I think he's a bigger fan of the wind in his face rather than the quiet.
Henry and Great Grandad play a game of pinball. Unfortunately for Grandad, this was the only way Henry would hang out with him. I think it's the beard. Maybe daddy needs to grow one in order to condition Henry to think beards are okay.
Henry loved being on the water. So precious!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great 4th of July adventure to me! Me? I completely missed the fourth of July as I was in Paris. But this past Monday I celebrated the French version, Bastille day! (That will be coming up in my blog soon...I have to catch up for 5 days that we didn't have internet!) Hello to ALL the Anderson's from Riga, Latvia...which is where we are for the next few days. It's a sweet town and we're anxious to see some of it! Hoping you're well!
Post a Comment